As IELTS test-takers embark on their preparation journey, a crucial aspect is engaging in effective reading practice. Various resources offer mock tests and materials, with platforms like IELTS Fever Reading providing valuable content. IELTS reading practice tests with answers prove instrumental in self-assessment and skill enhancement, replicating the exam environment. Exploring diverse reading passages for IELTS becomes essential to adapt to the varied topics that might appear in the actual test. Additionally, mastering question types like multiple-choice questions requires focused practice, not only in reading but also in listening sections. Aspirants can find multiple-choice questions IELTS reading and listening practice examples, honing their skills and strategies. Tips specific to handling multiple-choice questions in both reading and listening further contribute to effective exam preparation. The inclusion of global multiple-choice questions expands the scope of practice, ensuring readiness for a range of topics. In essence, a comprehensive approach to IELTS reading practice encompasses a diverse set of resources, from mock tests to varied reading materials and strategic engagement with multiple-choice questions.
|Last week, we discussed new findings about the way cancer spreads from one part of the body to another. Now, medical researchers in the United States are beginning an effort to find the genes that cause cancer.
|Experts say cancer is not a single disease, but more than two hundred different diseases. In each case, they say, uncontrolled cell growth starts with molecular changes at the genetic level. In some cases the cells metastasize, or spread to other parts of the body, making the cancer more difficult to treat.
|The Cancer Genome Atlas project could lead to new treatments and possibly even new ways to prevent cancer. Officials of the National Institutes of Health have agreed to spend one hundred million dollars over the next three years. Depending on the results, the project may be expanded in the future.
|Doctor Francis Collins of the National Institutes of Health announced the project last week. Half the money will come from the National Cancer Institute. The other half will come from the National Human Genome Research Institute, where Doctor Collins is the director.
|The idea for the project came about after the successful effort to map the human genes. The Human Genome Project was completed in two thousand three.
|Now scientists will use that same technology to search for the genetic changes that lead to cancer. But they say mapping cancer genes will be much more complex than the human genome project. The researchers will study hundreds of examples of tissue taken from cancerous growths.
|Cancer is the second leading killer in most developed countries, after heart disease. But survival rates have improved with medical progress in finding, treating and preventing cancer.
|Researchers have worked for years to find the many genetic changes involved in cancer. But so far they have found very few. Many researchers have called for a systematic way to study cancer.
|Drugs have successfully blocked some cancer-causing genes. But experts say only a small number of people have the genetic conditions that the drugs target.
What is the primary goal of the Cancer Genome Atlas project? A) To discover the genes responsible for heart disease B) To understand the causes of more than two hundred different types of cancer C) To create new technology for genetic mapping D) To develop treatments for heart disease and cancer
How much funding has been allocated for the Cancer Genome Atlas project? A) $50 million over three years B) $200 million over the next year C) $100 million over the next three years D) $1 billion over ten years
Who announced the Cancer Genome Atlas project? A) Doctor Francis Collins B) The National Human Genome Research Institute C) The National Cancer Institute D) The Human Genome Project
How does the complexity of mapping cancer genes compare to mapping the human genome? A) It is less complex B) It is equally complex C) It is more complex D) The complexity is unknown
What has been a challenge in targeting cancer-causing genes with drugs? A) Lack of scientific understanding about cancer B) Lack of funding for drug development C) Limited availability of drugs D) Few people have the specific genetic conditions that the drugs target
- B) To understand the causes of more than two hundred different types of cancer
- C) $100 million over the next three years
- A) Doctor Francis Collins
- C) It is more complex
- D) Few people have the specific genetic conditions that the drugs target
1. What is the format of multiple-choice questions in the IELTS Reading test? Multiple-choice questions in IELTS Reading require candidates to choose the correct answer from a set of options provided for specific questions based on the given passage.
2. Where can I find IELTS Reading practice tests with multiple-choice questions? You can access IELTS Reading practice tests with multiple-choice questions on official IELTS websites, reputable study platforms, IELTS preparation books, and online practice materials.
3. Are there online platforms offering IELTS Reading mock tests with multiple-choice questions? Yes, various online platforms provide mock tests specifically tailored for IELTS Reading, including multiple-choice question formats.
4. Is there a source providing IELTS Reading practice tests with answers for multiple-choice questions? Yes, official IELTS study materials, practice books, and some online platforms offer IELTS Reading practice tests with answers to multiple-choice questions.
5. Can I find PDFs specifically designed for IELTS Reading practice with multiple-choice questions? Yes, IELTS preparation materials often include downloadable PDFs focused on multiple-choice questions in the Reading section.
6. What are some tips for answering multiple-choice questions in the IELTS Reading test? Skim the text first, read the questions carefully, pay attention to keywords, eliminate incorrect options, and consider the context before choosing an answer.
7. How can I improve my performance in multiple-choice questions for IELTS Reading? Regular practice using official IELTS materials, reviewing past tests, and understanding the question patterns can significantly enhance your performance.
8. Are there strategies to manage time efficiently while tackling multiple-choice questions in IELTS Reading? Skimming the passage first, reading questions thoroughly, and allocating a specific time limit for each question can aid in managing time effectively.
9. Can I find examples of multiple-choice questions in IELTS Reading materials? Yes, IELTS practice books and online resources provide numerous examples and practice exercises focusing on multiple-choice questions in the Reading section.
10. Where can I get tips specifically aimed at improving performance in IELTS Reading multiple-choice questions? Reputable IELTS preparation platforms and study guides provide specific tips and strategies to excel in multiple-choice questions, enhancing your overall Reading performance.