Engaging in IELTS Listening is a fundamental aspect of preparing for the exam. Dedicated listening practice through structured IELTS Listening practice tests aids in honing crucial skills. These practice sessions simulate the listening exam environment, allowing candidates to familiarize themselves with the listening test format. Consistent exposure to diverse audio scenarios in IELTS exam listening practice enhances one’s ability to comprehend spoken English effectively. Success in the IELTS listening exam demands comprehensive listening practice tests, where individuals refine their listening abilities and develop strategies to tackle the test confidently.
|The h-five-n-one virus first appeared in birds in ________ for the first time outside East Asia.
|The worry surrounding avian influenza is the potential transformation into a form that easily spreads from ________ to ________.
|Tamiflu is considered the best-known treatment for avian influenza, but recent research suggests that resistance to the drug may be more ________ than previously believed.
|According to the United Nations, the area that experienced no increase in the number of H.I.V. cases in the past two years, apart from southern Africa, was the ________.
|Chronic diseases are cited as the major cause of death and disability among adults globally, causing an estimated ________ deaths in the year 2005, which is twice the number of deaths from infectious diseases, pregnancy-related disorders, and nutritional problems combined.
|We look back this week at some of the top health stories for two thousand five.
|Doctors in France made world news with a partial face transplant. But a more important story was the concern about avian influenza.
|The h-five-n-one virus appeared in birds in Europe for the first time. Yet the only known human cases were still in East Asia.
|The World Health Organization says there have been around one hundred forty confirmed cases since two thousand three. About half the people died.
|Most of the victims had touched or been around infected poultry birds, or surfaces with the virus. But the worry is that it could change into a form that spreads easily from person to person.
|Several countries are working on vaccines to protect against avian influenza. The effectiveness cannot be known, however, until the virus enters the general population.
|If that happens, the drug Tamiflu is the best-known treatment. Yet just last week researchers said resistance to the drug may be more common than experts had thought.
|Other health stories in two thousand five involved diseases already well-established. Experts said three million more people died of AIDS-related conditions. Almost five million more became infected. AIDS has killed more than twenty-five million people since nineteen eighty-one.
|Treatment efforts have improved. But the United Nations said only one area of the world has not had an increase in the number of H.I.V. cases in the past two years. There was no change in the Caribbean, which is the second hardest-hit area after southern Africa.
|Worldwide, an estimated forty million people are now living with the virus that causes AIDS.
|Our final story of the year deals with chronic diseases, like heart disease, stroke, cancer and diabetes. Experts say chronic diseases are the major cause of death and disability among adults worldwide.
|Thirty-five million people were expected to die from chronic diseases in two thousand five. Health officials say that is two times as many deaths as from infectious diseases, pregnancy-related disorders and nutritional problems combined. Yet they say a better diet, more exercise and less or, better still, no smoking can often reduce the risk of chronic disease.
What is an IELTS Listening practice test?
- A: An IELTS Listening practice test is a simulated exam component designed to help individuals prepare for the listening section of the IELTS exam. It mimics the format and structure of the actual test.
How does practicing IELTS Listening benefit test-takers?
- A: Regular IELTS Listening practice enhances listening comprehension skills, familiarizes candidates with the exam format, and boosts confidence in understanding diverse audio scenarios.
Where can I find IELTS Listening practice tests?
- A: Several resources offer IELTS Listening practice tests, including official IELTS preparation materials, online platforms, and IELTS coaching centers.
How often should one practice IELTS Listening tests?
- A: It’s recommended to practice IELTS Listening tests regularly, aiming for a consistent schedule, such as a few times a week, to reinforce listening skills.
Are there different levels of difficulty in IELTS Listening practice tests?
- A: Yes, IELTS Listening practice tests often come in varying difficulty levels to cater to different skill levels, from beginner to advanced.
What is the format of an IELTS Listening practice test?
- A: Typically, an IELTS Listening practice test consists of four sections, each with different types of audio recordings, including conversations, monologues, and lectures.
Do I need special equipment for IELTS Listening practice tests?
- A: No special equipment is required. A reliable computer or mobile device with speakers or headphones is sufficient to access and practice IELTS Listening tests online.
Can I take IELTS Listening practice tests multiple times?
- A: Yes, candidates can take IELTS Listening practice tests multiple times to improve their skills and track their progress.
How do I assess my performance in IELTS Listening practice tests?
- A: Reviewing your answers against the provided answer key or solutions is a great way to evaluate your performance and identify areas for improvement.
Should I simulate test conditions while practicing IELTS Listening tests?
- A: Yes, simulating test conditions by taking practice tests in a quiet environment and adhering to time limits helps replicate the actual exam experience and prepares you better.